There likely won’t be another stimulus check coming in from the federal government anytime soon. However, a number of states have recently approved a fourth stimulus check due to rampant inflation. More states are expected to issue stimulus payments in the near future, as well. Read on to know which states are sending out a fourth stimulus check to residents.
States that have approved a fourth stimulus check
- California: California will be issuing payments of up to a total of $700 for couples who file jointly while earning less than $150,000 yearly. Individuals will qualify to receive up to $350. Homes that have dependents can get an additional $350, as well.
- Colorado: The Rocky Mountain State is issuing tax rebates of up to $1,500 for joint filers and $750 to individuals.
- Delaware: Delaware is offering taxpayers who filed a 2020 state return $300.
- Florida: Florida households that meet select criteria will receive a payment amounting to $450 per child.
- Georgia: Georgia will be issuing up to a total of $250 to single filers and $375 to head-of-household filers. Married couples who file jointly will receive $500.
- Hawaii: Hawaii taxpayers who earn over $100,000 will get a rebate of $100, and those who earn less will receive $300.
- Idaho: Residents of Idaho who either filed their tax returns in 2020 and 2021 and those who filed grocery-credit refund returns will receive either $75 or 12% of their 2020 taxes, whichever is greater.
- Illinois: Residents of Illinois who earn less than $200,000 annually (and married couples filing jointly who earn under $400,000) will each get a $50 rebate and $100 per dependent for up to a total of three children per family.
- Indiana: Any resident of Indiana will receive a $125 rebate, provided they filed a state tax return in 2020 and 2021.
- Maine: Mainers who have a federal adjusted gross income of under $100,000 ($150,000 for head of households) will receive a check for $850. Married couples who earn less than $200,000 and filing jointly will receive $1,750.
- Massachusetts: The Bay State will be sending rebates amounting to $250 to all taxpayers.
- Minnesota: Minnesota will be sending $750 to all frontline workers. Applications for the payments recently closed.
- New Jersey: The Garden State will be sending $500 to many families.
- New Mexico: Taxpayers who earn under $75,000 yearly will receive a $250 rebate (joint filers will receive $500).
- Oregon: Residents of Oregon who were eligible for the earned income tax credit in 2020 will receive a one-time lump sum payment of $600.
- South Carolina: Further details are awaited, but residents are expected to receive a payment of up to $800.
- Virginia: Taxpayers who are eligible are expected to receive a payment of $250. Couples filing jointly will receive $500.
Will more states follow?
Yes, more states, including North Carolina, Kentucky, and Pennsylvania, are expected to soon pass stimulus payments to their citizens. At present, many states have bills working their way through the state house.