This Instant Pot Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli is a lightened-up version of a classic chili. It’s chock full of veggies and brightened up with a ground turkey. It’s ready in 30 minutes, comforting, kid-friendly, quick, and easy to make.
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
SERVINGS: 6 people
· 1 medium brown onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 lb organic turkey minced
· 1 can diced tomatoes
· 1 can tomato sauce
· 1 can chickpeas (drained)
· 1 medium red bell pepper (roughly chopped in 1cm squares)
· 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and roughly chopped in 1cm squares)
· 1 cup vegetable stock
· 1 tsp cumin
· 1 tsp paprika
· ½ tsp chili powder
· salt and pepper to taste
· cooked brown rice or riced cauliflower, diced avocado, grated Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, chili flakes, and cilantro to serve
• Select sauté on the Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker). When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 3 minutes. Sauté for one minute after adding the garlic. Cook until the turkey mince has browned.
• Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, garbanzo beans, 12 chopped red bell peppers, chopped sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, cumin, paprika, and chill powder after the turkey has browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and fully combine all ingredients.
• Close the vent. Set the timer for 9 mins on high pressure. When the 9 minutes are over, press the Quick Release button and release the lid. Stir in the remaining red bell pepper until everything is well combined.
• For a low-carb option, serve over cooked brown rice or riced cauliflower. To serve, top with a dollop of sour cream, cubed avocado, grated cheese, chopped cilantro, and additional chili flakes.